This page will walk you through the process of setting up your VirZOOM bike to play VirZOOM Arcade games. Let's get started!
1. Unpacking & Assembly
Remove your VirZOOM controller from its box and follow the instructions in the printed manual that came with your bike. VirZOOM requires 2 AA batteries.
The left pedal must be screwed on counterclockwise. Attempting to screw it in clockwise can damage it.
2. Plug in the bike dongle (PC/PS4)
You can ignore this step if you use VirZOOM on mobile VR!
The VirZOOM bike communicates with a PC or PlayStation 4 console wirelessly using a Bluetooth. Look inside the battery compartment for your USB dongle. This must be plugged into the PC/PS4 to use the bike. Plug it in, and make sure the bike is switched on.
3. Get VirZOOM Arcade
Next up we'll download our free collection of games, VirZOOM Arcade. You get it from a different place depending on which VR platform you're using, so look for yours below and follow those instructions.
On a PS4? Download from the PlayStation Store
You can download our collection of games, VirZOOM Arcade, for free from the PlayStation Store on the web or on your PS4 console.
On a PC? Download from Steam
If you use an HTC Vive or Oculus Rift, you can get VirZOOM Arcade from Steam, an online game service. If you don't already have Steam set up, be sure to do the following:
- Go to the Steam website and click the green Install button in the upper right
- Launch the Steam application you just installed and create a Steam account, which is used to make and track purchases on Steam itself
- If you use an HTC Vive, you also need to install SteamVR:
- In Steam, click the Tools menu
- Scroll down to "SteamVR" in the list
- Right-click on SteamVR and choose Install
- If you use an Oculus Rift, you also need to install Oculus Home and run it before you launch VirZOOM Arcade – see Oculus Setup for details
- Finally, install VirZOOM Arcade
On Gear VR? Get a download code from My VirZOOM
If you're playing VirZOOM Arcade on Gear VR, you'll need a special code to download the game from the Oculus Store. You can get that code by creating a VirZOOM account:
Go to virzoom.com/user_account_form and follow instructions to create a VirZOOM account
Check your email for the confirmation message, and click on the link in it
Log in with your username and password, and click on "(your name)'s account"
Look for your Gear VR download code on this page
If you don't already have the Oculus app on the phone you plan to use for Gear VR (must be a Samsung Galaxy S8 or newer), download it now
Open the Oculus app, tap MORE, then tap REDEEM CODE
Enter the code from earlier, and tap SUBMIT
4. Run VirZOOM Arcade to register your device
Now that you've got VirZOOM Arcade, you can use it to register your device with our service. You may have already read in the printed manual that you need a code to play VirZOOM games (and it's separate from the Gear VR download code mentioned above). To get that code and gain access to games, do the following:
- Launch VirZOOM Arcade
- Make note of the code on the bottom of your screen and/or in your headset
- Go to virzoom.com/register and enter your authorization code
- If you already made a VirZOOM account (Gear VR users just made one, but most people don't yet), then log in – and if not, then follow instructions to create an account
When you return to VirZOOM Arcade, you'll find that it has automatically moved past the intro screen and you can now play games.
If you use an Oculus Rift, don't forget to launch Oculus Home before you launch VirZOOM Arcade.
5. Start pedaling!
Get on your VirZOOM bike while wearing your headset, and follow any instructions you see. Once you get through the tutorial screens, you'll probably want to press the right trigger (labeled "Quickplay") on the screen showing your account name. This will get you into the games fastest.
Note that when you first start VirZOOM Arcade, you don't have access to every game right away. This is on purpose: Moving around in VR can be disorienting without proper training first, so complete these tutorials to unlock more games. Once you see our Pegasus games (Keep Flying, Gem Hunt, and Gate Race), you'll know you've unlocked everything.
Next: Calibrate Resistance!
There are plenty of other things you can configure and adjust further in VirZOOM Arcade and on My VirZOOM, but an optional step we recommend you do next is to calibrate your pedaling resistance. After you launch VirZOOM Arcade, select your account, choose "Options," find "Calibrate Resistance," and follow the instructions on screen. This needs to be done in order to get any achievements or trophies for biking at max resistance!