You can use the Tension Control knob under your handlebars on your VirZOOM bike to adjust how difficult it is to pedal – what we call resistance. For most VirZOOM games, this is an optional setting that allows you to customize how challenging a workout you want. Some games, however, actually detect your resistance and use this information for scoring or speed bonuses, and some PSN trophies/Steam achievements are dependent on your resistance setting as well. Accessing these features requires an additional step to make sure VirZOOM Arcade accurately detects how your pedaling resistance is set: You must calibrate pedaling resistance in the Options menu.
To calibrate your resistance, follow these steps:
- Launch VirZOOM Arcade and select your account
- Lean to rotate the menu until you see "Options," and then hit the right trigger
- Lean to rotate the menu until you see "Calibrate Resistance," and then hit the right trigger
- Pedal your bike while turning the resistance dial all the way between 1 and 8 a few times
- Follow instructions on-screen to exit when done
After doing this, games should accurately detect your resistance setting and confer bonuses or trophies/achievements appropriately.